Change the hosting arrangements for the royal canoe club site to enable nominated members fo the club to manage:
- Direct ownership of the www.royalcnaloeclub.com domain and
- Implement the notification and processing of payments by a nominated role in the RCC management team.
- Enable the switching of hosting providers in the future so the doman name can be linked to a new website.
- Set up hosting so that it is paid directlly by the club
- Renewal notices are sent to a nominated member of the club management team
- Payments are made direclty by the clubto the host provider
- Arrange and monitor regular backups of the site to prevent data loss and periodically check the ability to restore the site from backup
How to Transfer a Domain
- Select the new Domain Registrar : Hostinger
- Create an account on Hostinger
- Unlock the domain at the current registrar : Hostinger with Domain owned by current owner.
- Search for the domain using the registrar’s transfer tools
- Enter the authorisation code to transfre the domain
- Typical transfer time is 6-8 days
How to Transfer hosting
- Create a hosting account with the new provider
- Set up a wordpress instance with the facility to restore backups of the current site.
- Restore the current site to the new host
- Change the Domain settings to link the www.royalcanoeclub.com domain to the new site
- Will take 2 days for change in site to become available to all internet users as www.royalcanoeclub